Monday, June 13, 2011

The Closet Disgusied as a Bathroom

We purchased our first home almost 5 years ago when I was pregnant with our first child. What to Expect While You're Expecting must have officially fried my brain by this point, because for some unknown reason, I agreed to buy a house with the World's Worst Bathroom. (I'm gonna go ahead and claim that title, because I believe we have the goods to back it up.) Not only is it painfully small, but when we bought the home, it only had a bathtub. No shower. Eh....? Now, if you saw me when I was pregnant that first time, you will remember that I gained almost 70 pounds. Observe.

Be nice
Back away from the food, Leslie!

Clearly I was in no condition to maneuver washing my hair under the faucet of a bathtub every day, and the thought of getting my big belly in and out of the tub each morning made me cringe. So, I made Rob PROMISE that we would convert it to a shower as soon as we moved in. And we he did convert it right away, so it is better than when we first bought it. (Trying to look on the bright side here, people.) Still. This room is a hall closet at best. The title, bathroom should never be used for a space this small.

So, when Jill at Baby Rabies suggested that bloggers post videos or pictures of their homes, I knew I wanted to do it. She said we should show them in their real state and quit pretending like we all live in pristine castles. YES. Thank you! So here it is, the Bad and the Ugly that is our bathroom. I'm not even going to fake it and act as if there is any Good about it. Just keepin' it real.

Note: Before viewing this video, please keep a few things in mind.
1. I just woke up from a nap before shooting this.
2. I'm still tired.
3. I have bed head.
4. All my makeup mysteriously fell off while I was sleeping.
Thank you for your time.

Click Here to Enter the World's Worst Bathroom

P.S. Why did Oprah have to go and retire before I could appeal to her to remodel our bathroom?

Not cool, Oprah. Not cool.

8 comments:

  1. Well, let me just say that I sort of LOVE your sink. Odd? Maybe, but it's so cool and retro! That said, oh my, that IS small! But it looks like you've made the best of it :) The cute toddler accessory certainly helps cheer things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be smaller than mine, you are totally right. However, we have the exact same medicine cabinet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had a small bathroom, yours is smaller! Wow! I think Avery gives it perspective too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I just found your blog via The Decorologist.
    Loving the look of your blog. new to blogging so its a novelty for me to walk into someones world and have a look around.
    Your bathroom is fairly tiny but loads are like that over here in the uk. space is so much at a premium over here.
    I assume you don’t have a spare room to make into a bathroom and rename that space as storage?!
    If not all I can suggest is 1) to move 2) to paint in very light colours or possibly use mirrored surfaces lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's talk about the kids and their bath problems, they really needs good bath sitters, so that's why NetParents are providing the best bath sitters for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can be easy to get confused between all the different kinds of Vape Juice. There are many vaporizers out there that you can use with your e-cigarette such as the Tank vaporizer which is a very popular brand. They also make a sub-brand called the Tobeco from which you can get the Mini Vaporizer.

    ReplyDelete