Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Snot, Drainage, and Other Unmentionables

I'm sick. For 12 days now, I have been under the weather. Sore throat, cough, snotty nose, etc, etc. I've been through 3 bags of cough drops, and I'm about to polish off my second box of tissues. (Woooohooo!) My cough gets worse at night, which is pretty inconvenient since we co-sleep. Every single time I get Avery to sleep, I start hacking and wake her up. She then proceeds to give me this "how dare you wake me out of my perfectly restful sleep" look, and back on the boob she goes. This little game that we've been playing each night, while buckets of fun and laughs, is starting to get old.

So today, I decide to venture out to the Minute Clinic. I didn't want to go to my PCP, because I kept picturing myself sitting in his waiting room for a couple of hours, surrounded by people even sicker than me, only to have him say, "Just a virus, nothing I can do, you'll just have to wait it out." And then I kick him in the nuts. (Note: That last part is just in my dreams.) Obviously I have been hanging out at the peditrician's office way too much, because that is always her response when my kiddos are sick. And then we've wasted precious moments of our lives with zero outcome, and been exposed to a million more germs in the process. So, no thank you on that one.

So okay, back to the Minute Clinic part. OMGosh, this nurse practitioner was awesome! She actually listened to me when I was talked, seem to empathize, was very thorough in her exam, AND even gave me some medicine that is suppose to make me feel better. Word. It seems to her that what was probably just a virus in the beginning has developed into a sinus infection and bronchitis. <---- That is why I should have went in 10 days ago. Lesson learned. So, I'm doing antibiotics for 10 days (yippee, a yeast infection!), some "cough pills" that she says will loosen up all that lovely stuff that is currently wedged in my chest and throat, and cough syrup to help clear up the bronchitis, soothe my throat, and help me sleep.

Fingers and toes crossed that this works.

L

5 comments:



  1. If you are looking for a complete and satisfying experience, you should try Magicien Pour Mariage in Paris. This shop offers weddings to match all sorts of interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stars Magic an online booking platform to find the right illusionist for your event, whether it's a business seminar, Christmas tree, birthday, product launch, a wedding , a team building or a cocktail party. A tremendous time saver for relying on the expertise of a professional conjurer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discover this blog and found it extremely supportive on the grounds that I likewise have issues. I might want to ask all the women who are facing this issue and require a gynecologist to for help in present circumstances blog and spread the word.
    Mega Souk
    Online shopping

    ReplyDelete