Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wish List

It's been a long time. Too, too long since I've posted a wish list. And since things have been so serious around here lately, I thought it was high time I got back to sharing some finds with you and lighten it up a little. Also, since it's been so long, everything that I'll be showing you today are things that I've already purchased. I know, I'm bad. But, in my defense, all but one were gifts for someone else, so there!

And, just so you know that I'm not crazy, I realize today isn't Wednesday. But next week, the official Wednesday Wish List will be back in full swing. For today, however, it's going to be Thursday's List. Because I'm a crazy, wild rebel like that. Snap!

First up is a reversible pouch sling that I bought shortly before Sis came along. I knew that with a toddler and a newborn, I would need as many free hands as I could get, so I dove into the world of babywearing. Let me tell you, I'll never go back. I love having my baby close to me, and being able to get things done at the same time. And she really enjoys it as well. She often goes to sleep in there. (Especially when her daddy starts playing guitar, because for her, it's like a baby sedative. Pretty amazing stuff, really.) But, I digress. This sling has been awesome. It's so well made, soft and easy to use. If you are a fan of the peanut sling design, I would highly recommend trying the slings from BabyinaFishBowl. She has a ton of other great products as well.




Next is the Birthday Monster Tshirt from SpeckledSunshine. I bought this for Will's birthday, and he looked adorable in it. (You'll have to take my word for that though, because he was in one of his, "No, Mommy, don't take my picture" moods. ::::huge eye roll::::) The tshirt is super soft and washes up very nicely. I expected that the colors may run or fade, but he's been wearing it for a while now and it's still going strong. Anyone who has a messy toddler knows that is saying alot.




I bought a set of these Custom Photo Coasters for my step mom for Mother's Day. It's truly one of my favorite Etsy purchases ever. So beautiful, and the seller, patricia082173 was wonderful to work with. The packing was just as gorgeous as the coasters, and she even did a custom design on the from of the box for me. I can't say enough about these, and my step mom really loved them.



Here's another of my favorite purchases. I bought one of these Custom Photos of Vintage Cash Register Keys as a wedding gift for a friend of ours. The color in the print was AH-MAZING. The quality of the print paper was gorgeous. You just message the seller with the date you would like to appear on the print, and she'll take the custom photo for you. The turnaround time was very quick for a personalized order, and the couple we gave the gift to absolutely loved it. You could also purchase this for a graduation or baby's DOB. The seller, lilacpopphotograpy, also sells this print in sepia or black and white, and has a whole shop full of other beautiful work.




And finally is the Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History Print that I bought for one of my friend's birthday. I framed it alongside a picture of all the girls on one of our ladies nights out. I love the feel of this photograph, because the message is typed out on a vintage typewriter. The seller, RighteousLens, has a lot of other great pre-made vintage typewriter prints in her shop, (my favorite being the "You're so cool" print inspired by the movie True Romance) or you can do a custom print and she'll type out and photograph whatever floats your boat.



Tomorrow is Friday. I can hear the angels singing already.

L

1 comment:

  1. I almost fell outta my chair when I saw the "You're so cool" print. I have to get that this year.

    ReplyDelete