Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Twenty Seven Weeks

Today marks the beginning of week 27 of my pregnancy, and I decided to start it off with a bang by getting a terrible, miserable, nasty cold. Kleenex is my BFF right now as I'm blowing my nose about 216 times a day. I met with this great pharmacist today too who pretty much told me that the only suggestion that she had for me was to keep taking the medicine that I'm already taking. I wondered for a minute if they taught any common sense in pharmacy school, because why on earth would I be at the drugstore seeking out a different medication if the one I'm already taking is working out??? Just sayin'.

The sickness doesn't seem to be effecting Avery too much. She's in there beating around just like she always has. She kicks so hard sometimes, that I about jump out of my seat. Rob just looks at me like I'm crazy, at which point I try to explain to him the feeling of being goosed from the inside directly in the bladder.

Here's what the little Ms. is up to this week according to the gurus.

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.



Since reading this, cauliflower is sounding really good. I have a head at home that I've been planning on mashing. Has anyone ever tried mashed cauliflower? I hear that it's a great substitute to mashed potatoes without all those pesky carbs and calories. I'll let you know if it tastes like cardboard.



And on the next episode of this crazy sitcom known as my life....
Molar Hell and the Toddler who Can't Sleep.

Stay tuned,
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment