Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Twenty Six Weeks

I'm 26 weeks along in this pregnancy, which means that I'm into the double digits of the countdown. I now have 97 days until my due date. When you put it that way, it doesn't seem like long at all. I'm excited, and at the same time, it makes me want to panic just a little bit. We finally get to start on the nursery this weekend, because the bedding arrived and I bought a glider. Things are starting to come together, and I haven't even had to hurt Rob yet. Score!

Here is the email about our baby girl this week.

How Your Baby is Growing:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.



An English hothouse cucumber, huh? Not just any regular ol' cucumber, an English hothouse one! I told you they were going to start running out of vegetables to compare this kid to.

Till next time,
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment