Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thirty One Weeks

I have 9 weeks to go until my "guess date," but I will be full term in 6 weeks. It's hard to believe that she could actually be arriving in 6 weeks. WOW. Everything isn't ready for her, but I am. I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable these days. I am still sleeping, but I toss and turn all night from my left to my right side. I snore like a bear as well. (Or so Rob claims.) I get up quite a bit in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. My bladder feels like it's about the size of a pea right now. My heartburn is back with a vengeance regardless of whether I eat small and frequent meals, steer clear of spicy foods, or all those other things they tell you to do to avoid it. I drank a glass of water the other day and got heartburn. How is that even possible? My favorite "new" pregnancy side effect however is that my boobs now touch my stomach. Yep, you read that right. If I don't have a bra on, MY BOOBS LAY ON MY STOMACH. (That one is not in the What to Expect When You're Expecting book, ladies, but it happens.) It grosses me out more than I can tell you, so I try and keep a bra on at all times, which isn't really my idea of a good time either. Pregnancy is full of tough choices and the "let my boobs touch my stomach or wear a bra 24/7" decision is a real doozy. Sacrifices must be made.

And here's the email for week 31...

How Your Baby is Growing:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.



Really? Four navel oranges? That's the best they could come up with? I think it's totally cheating that they are throwing multiple vegetables into the pool now. I want to see some crazy hybrid cantaloupe/watermelon picture. It's the least they can do really.



And here is a belly pic that was taken a couple days ago. Okay, so I'm not officially 31 weeks here, but pretty darn close.


Have a happy week,
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment