Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thirty Two Weeks

Well, I am now eight months pregnant now, and boy do I feel like it all of a sudden. My body is tired and achy this week. My back is starting to hurt, and I have a ton of pressure in my pelvis. Eight more weeks until my "guess date," but only five until I'm full term. Since Will was 10 days early, I have always felt this baby will be early too. Plus, I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks (practice contractions) this time around which I never had with Will. Apparently, according to my midwife, there is a lot more uterine activity with subsequent pregnancies compared to the first one. Whatever that means.

I say that this baby is going to come early and I have all these mommy instincts about it now, but I'm most certainly completely jinxing myself with all that talk. She probably hears me in there and is now planning on coming about 2 weeks late just to show me who's boss. As long as she doesn't come on Will's birthday, or close enough to his birthday that I will be in the hospital on that day, I don't really care when she arrives. It would break my heart to be away from my little guy on his birthday though. It's going to be hard enough being separated from him while I'm in the hospital as it is.

Here is the email from the gurus for this week...

How Your Baby is Growing:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

I had no clue what on earth a jicama is, but according to Wikipedia, it's a Mexcian turnip. Interesting. You'd think I'd be a bit more knowledgable about these things with all of the Top Chef and Food Network that I watch.


Cheers,
L

2 comments:

  1. I always hear them talk about jicama on Top Chef, but I never knew what it was. It looks like a weird potato. I've learned so much about fruits and veggies from your pregnancy. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Hills Grille used to have the best Southwestern salad with chopped jicama! It was deliciouso.
    Looking forward to seeing you guys next month--if all goes well and you are up for visitors!

    ReplyDelete