Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thirty Three Weeks

With Thanksgiving this past week, time has really flown by. We had a great time with family, I got a ton of shopping done on Black Friday (yes, I'm one of those people) and Rob and I made a lot of progress on the nursery. If I get a second wind of that crazy nesting energy come this weekend, I'll have it all done. I managed to wash all of Avery's clothes and put them away on Saturday. There were three LARGE loads, and let me tell you, that's a lot when the clothes are so tiny. I truly can't believe all the stuff she has to wear. It's going to be fun to put her in a different outfit every day, and at the rate I'm accumulating stuff, I'll have to in order for her to wear it all.

I'm feeling pretty good. My back hurts some and I basically just feel pretty large, but I'm hanging in there. I know the end of this pregnancy is near, so I'm trying my best to enjoy it while it lasts and spend as much quality "only child time" that I can with Will before the new one comes along and totally throws our comfy little family for a loop.

Here is the email for week 33. Only 7 weeks until my guess date, but 4 more until I'm full term. It's crazy to think that she could actually be here at the end of this month. GULP.

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Man, I love me some pineapple!! There are old wives tales that say that it can have a labor inducing effect in pregnancy if you eat a lot of it. So come the new year, if you see me consuming whole pineapples, don't ask. And if you're looking for a good Christmas present to buy me, pineapple, red raspberry tea, eggplant Parmesan and castor oil is at the top of my list. ;)



Till next time,
L

P.S. I had an awesome shower at church weekend before last and I have been totally slacking on getting the pictures uploaded. I am going to do that tonight though, so look for a shower post tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Man! That's a good lookin pineapple! Time is flying. She'll be here so soon. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about you all lately glad to see you are doing well, give Will a big hug for me. My new email is candk615@aol.com.
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete