Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thirty Seven Weeks

37 weeks and now officially full term. I don't know about other women, but it seems that each time I hit that mark, I'm done and don't want to be pregnant anymore. I was really hoping that Avery was going to surprise us and be a 2009 baby, but seeing as how today is the 30th, things aren't looking too good. I go in for my 37 week check up today, but that will just consist of the midwife measuring my belly, checking my blood pressure and doing a Strep B culture. I won't go into all the gory details of how they do a Strep B test, but I will tell you this, it involves a long Q-tip and your rectum. Use your imagination. I can't wait for the it. These last few weeks are so much fun with the no sleeping, waddling, total inability to tie your shoes, and getting long objects jammed up your butt hole. Woooohooo!

And here is the email for week 37. Only a few more of these. I HOPE!

How Your Baby is Growing:
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.



I find it humorous that they are no longer trying to come up with a sizable fruit to compare in weight and are just sticking to the length of the baby. I'm still waiting on the watermelon. That has to be week 40 right?



Until next time...or until this baby makes an appearance,
L

P.S. Christmas update coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really thought this week would be at least a small watermelon. Swiss chard? You've got a full grown baby in there!

    ReplyDelete