Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thirty Five Weeks

35 weeks, and the end of this pregnancy seems to really be creeping up on me. We have something to do pretty much every weekend before my "guess date, and since the holidays are almost here, I know it's just going to fly by us. We didn't get the nursery finished this past weekend. My son decided that it would be a great time to start waking up at 4am in the morning to start the day. So needless to say, when nap time rolled around that afternoon, I hit the sack too. Maybe this is just Will's way of preparing me for those middle of the night feedings. That's what I'm telling myself anyway. He's just trying to help his mommy out.

This weekend, we ARE going to complete the nursery. There is really no time to put it off anymore, and I am going to go crazy if it doesn't get done, so it will be in everyone's best interest to make it happen. There are just a few finishing touches that need to be done, and then I can rest easy.

I've been having a lot of practice "pressure waves" (Hypnobabies speak for contractions) this week, and I go for my next check up with the midwives on Friday. Hopefully they will check me to make sure everything is where it should be. It's still a little bit early as I won't be full term until next weekend, so I need her to stay in there until it's safe for her to make her entrance into the world.

And here's the email for week 35.

How Your Baby is Growing:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.



I think my little honeydew melon has dropped. I need to go to the bathroom a lot more (didn't know that was possible) than I used to, and my crotch feels like it's going to fall to my feet. There is A LOT of pressure down there. When I stand after sitting or lying down for a while, it takes me a minute to get going because I fear the baby might just drop out. Oh, if it were only that easy.



Happy Wednesday,
L

1 comment:

  1. Yowsers! Remember when she was just an apple?

    ReplyDelete