Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thirty Four Weeks

Week 34 is here in full effect. It's getting harder to tie my shoes, bend over to pick things up, and find a position in bed that doesn't make my hip feel like it's going to fall off or my arm fall asleep. I'm entering that "I'm-So-Uncomfortable-Get-This-Baby-Out" territory. I'm not quite there yet, and trying to be as patient as possible. It gets a little hard when you can't remember what it was like to not be pregnant though. When you look at pictures of yourself as a non pregnant person and think, "Who on earth is that!?" I want to sleep on my stomach so badly, it's not even funny. I would love to only need to pee 10 times a day rather than 27. I want to run on the treadmill as fast as I can. I want a big ol' margarita! Whew! It felt good to get that out.

This weekend, the nursery will be completed. We have everything bought and laying in her room, it just needs to be put together. Next week, I'll post photos.

Here's the email for week 34.

How Your Baby is Growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

The little cantaloupe is a spitfire. She moves around more than Will ever did. We knew when we had a calm and peaceful baby who slept through the night that we would pay for it later. I have a feeling that Avery is going to be the complete opposite of her big bro. Where he is laid back and easy going, she is going to be utterly crazy and bouncing off the walls. As I typed that, she gave me a swift kick to the ribs. I'm telling you, this girl is going to be trouble.


And I promised some shower photos last week that I never delivered. I have been pretty busy and just honestly haven't had the time to do it. But here they are now, better late than never. (I hope.)

I couldn't be more thankful for the women at my church who put together this shower and came to support us. I was truly blown away by everyone's generosity.


The cake (one of the most important elements at a baby shower)

Did I mention that this was a joint shower for me and another friend at church? She was due in December (had her baby last week) and since our due dates were so close and we are both having the opposite sex of what we already had, they decided to throw us this little shindig.

Belly to belly
I got SO many great thing. Clothes, towels, breast pads (uber importante), bouncy seat, blankets, diaper bag....the list goes on. There were so many adorable things that I made faces like this.

And this
And this apparently
What can I say, after 3 years of shopping in the tiny boy's section, girl clothes make me happy.

And here's a pic of my mom and I (who looks young enough to be my sister instead). I was so glad she was able to come. It was a special day.


Till next time,
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment