Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thirty Eight Weeks

38 weeks and 3 days pregnant. And yes, I'm going to get technical about it because once you enter those last couple weeks, EVERY DAY COUNTS. I have 11 days until my due (ahem, guess date) and I'm getting anxious to say the least. Will arrived 10 days before his guess date, so my prediction that this little girl is going to be a stubborn one is holding up pretty well at this point. Typically, second pregnancies are shorter than firsts on average by about 5 or 6 days, but that has not held true for this pregnancy.

Let me just say this, I loved being pregnant. Loved it and enjoyed it for about the first 8.78 months. Now that I am at the end, I just want it to be over. All my shirts are getting too short because my stomach is growing straight out at this point, so I spend all day pulling my shirts down and my pants up. And don't even get me started on maternity jeans. They are from the devil. No, literally, when I squeeze them on in the morning, I envision Satan's little minions lined up at sewing machines, flames shooting out around them, stitching the God awful elastic bands onto maternity jeans. I hate them. I really, really hate them. I can't wait to pack them all up in a box and banish them to the attic once this is all said and done. The going to the bathroom in the middle of the night is out of control as well. I'm just to 5 or 6 times every night, so I wake in the morning feeling like I've been in some kind of choppy dream haze. And then I'm ready for a nap in about an hour and a half.

***Men, don't read this next part.
Because it's disgusting. And it will gross you out. And you may stop wanting to procreate all together. And that just wouldn't be good for the human race. You've been warned.***

Okay, now that all the guys are gone, what is up with the discharge!? I mean, buckets of it. That's all I'm going to say about that. Oh, and I can't shave down there. In that area. I think it might have something to do with there being a big ol' giant belly in the way and not being able to see that area. It's like throwing a dart in the dark. Pretty pitiful, really.

Now on to much more jolly news. The good thing about keeping Avery on the inside is that she matures and gets stronger all the time. So, I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Bad mommy!

How Your Baby is Growing:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)



It's funny that they are still using length on these comparisons, because lately Will has been telling me that Sis can't come out yet because she isn't tall enough. He'll stretch his little hand far above his head and say, "She has to be THIIIIIS tall to come out, Mommy." Great, so I'm going to give birth to a toddler! However, just yesterday, he informed me that "Sis is taller now, Mommy. She can come out." Thank God! I hope she heard him in there. Though he's also been getting up to my stomach and saying, "Come out Sis so we can play trucks!" I don't have the heart to tell him that it might be a while before she's running around the floor with him.



Hopefully there will be a baby before next week's update. PLEASE!

L

P.S. I know I said that I would get a Christmas update on the site last week and I didn't do it. I've been a bit preoccupied to say the least. I will get it done in the next couple of days though. Cross my heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment