Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thirty Nine Weeks

39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Only 5 more days to go until my guess date. All I can really say at this point is, I'm ready. I'm ready for the labor and ready to meet my baby. I don't want to be pregnant anymore. This has been a long and exciting ride, and I'm anxious for it to come to an end and move to the next chapter of our lives. I had been experiencing a lot of Braxton Hicks in the past few weeks, but they have completely come to a stop, and I feel a bit like my body is stalling. I felt like I was making some progress, and now, it's as though nothing is happening down there. Who knows. It's all a waiting game at this point. I'm just trying to be patient and know that she'll come when she's ready.

And here's the email for week 39...

How Your Baby is Growing:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Well, it's finally here. Drumroll, please for the....mini watermelon. I feel more like I'm carrying an extra large watermelon right now, but whatever. What do you think next week's fruit or vegetable is going to be? I don't want to be around to find out. Hopefully I'll have a baby in my arms before then.



L

P.S. We had some major technical difficulties with our memory card this weekend. I stuck it in our computer to download the Christmas pictures and nothing happened. Talk about a freak out. Rob worked on it last night though, finally found the problem, and got them uploaded. Whew!! I'll post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A watermelon! Finally! I cannot believe you have lasted this long. Come out Avery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a vege or fruit bigger than a watermelon???? I sure hope you don't have to find out!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete