Thursday, July 23, 2009

Girl, Interrupted

I didn't post a wish list yesterday. It wasn't because I couldn't find the time, or had forgotten what day it was though. I seem to have been plagued by a new pregnancy symptom for the last few days and it has kind of taken me back. Are you ready for this one? The new symptom ...indifference. I have this whole, "I could care less" attitude all of a sudden. I was browsing the internet for my list and I just didn't care about any of it. Sure, there are a lot of terrific things out there that I would love to have. There are about a million products that are worthy of a Wednesday wish list, but I looked at them all yesterday and though, "Eh." I couldn't get excited about any of it. I couldn't muster the same enthusiasm that I normally do when putting my lists together. It was quite bizarre, but the indifference didn't even let it bother me. I just shrugged my shoulders and ate a cannoli instead.

I'm convinced that when one pregnancy symptom goes away, you get a stand in to replace it. So now, instead of feeling nauseated all the time, I have *GULP* lost my will to shop. Say it ain't so!! This is a symptom that I hope will fade very soon. I'm expecting it to be gone by next week when it's time to put Wednesday's list together. If not, I may need to talk to my Dr. about it and see what can be done. I can picture the conversation now...

Me: I had to come see you right away. I have this horrible new symptom that I need you to treat immediately.
OB: Sure. What's going on?
Me: I seem to have...(tears up and gathers strength to go on)... lost my desire to shop. (Buries face in hands and bawls uncontrollably)
OB: You're kidding, right?
Me: (Sniffling) No, I'm totally serious. Why?
OB: I've got babies to deliver. You might want to go back on your Prozac for a while.

On second thought, maybe I should hold off on calling the Dr. just yet. Hopefully this mysterious manifestation will just remedy itself and I can get back to shopping like a normal woman.

L

0 comments:

Post a Comment