Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thirteen Weeks

It has begun, the last week of my first trimester. Ahhhh!! I can hear choirs of angels singing already. One thing I distinctly remember about my pregnancy with Will, is that when I hit the second trimester, something flipped inside me and I began to feel like a new person. I started feeling like myself again. And while the morning/all day sickness has definitely subsided for me now, I'm still experiencing the dreaded first trimester exhaustion and sleepiness. Some days, it's a real fight to stay awake sitting here at my desk. I think I may have even mastered sleeping with my eyes open, because there are small chunks of the day I seem to lose from time to time. I take full advantage of the weekends when I am able to nap though, and proved my point by sleeping almost 4 hours on Sunday. I don't feel the least bit guilty either. It was fantastic!

So, I got the email from the pregnancy folks for this week, and I must say, I'm a bit confused. Maybe it's just placenta dementia taking over my brain again, but in my world, a medium shrimp is smaller, not bigger, than a lime. The pregnancy gurus say that the baby is the size of a medium shrimp this week and I just can't wrap my head around that being bigger than a lime. Maybe they are only going by length here with all these fetus/food comparisons? Here's a visual. You be the judge.


Call me crazy, (a lot of people have), but I don't see it. That shrimp looks shrimper than the lime. Just sayin'. I think the pregnancy folks are really grasping at straws for good fetus to food comparisons these days. I really thought I would have a lemon in there this week since I had a lime last week. Better luck next time!

And now for the email of the week. The email for the LAST week of the 1st trimester. *cheers and applause*

How your baby's growing:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.


Cheers,
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment