Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here I Sit

I have a blog for my 2 year old and everything is written through his perspective. He details accounts of what has been going on in his life and posts videos and pictures of himself for all to see. (Apparently, he's a genius.) It's a great way for our families and friends around the country (and world) to keep up with him and gush over all his cute pictures. He's easy to gush over. He's pretty much the most beautiful child ever born. Except baby Jesus, of course. But then, I guess I am a tad bit biased when it comes to this subject. Everyone just loves the blog though and gets personally offended when "he" doesn't update often enough. I just want to snap back, "Look, he works full time, he makes dinner every night, he changes poopy diapers, he goes to the gym, he does laundry. He's really busy you know!" Oh wait a minute...that's me. But I digress.

I am a little jealous of Will in that he gets this wide open space on the web where he shares his life and allows anyone who is willing to listen in on his existence. It must be really liberating for him. So I've decided to join the bandwagon. This page will be about me. (Gulp!) As a mom, it's hard to have and want things that are just for yourself sometimes, but I've given into the pressure to have something that's mine. Just mine. Of course I will talk about my husband and my little guy here. It's impossible to separate their lives from mine. Yes, I'm my own person, my own woman, but we are one as a family. They are a part of me and I am a part of them. Without them, I'm not the same me. I pray it stays that way always.

So here it is. I'm putting it out there. I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm 31. I work. I play. I cry when I'm sad. I laugh a lot. I love many people. I'm just trying to get it right one day at a time. And I know that I'm not alone in that at least. At the end of the day, I think that's what we're all trying to do.

LouEffie (I'll explain the origin of this name later)

0 comments:

Post a Comment