Monday, April 13, 2009

My Guy

Not only was yesterday Easter which is cause for a big celebration in our family, it was also my husband's 30th birthday. I love that man with every fiber of my being.


Before we fell in love, Rob was my best friend. The thing I love most about our relationship now, is that he still is. Though we have many more stresses, decisions and diapers in our lives these days, we still come together and truly enjoy each others company. He knows me and I know him. I can't ask for anything more than that.

On Saturday before he had even read my blog about the fields in Holland, Rob took birthday money that he got from his grandma and bought me flowers. Tulips, in fact. He's the man who slept in the floor of our nursery the night we brought our son home from the hospital just to make sure he would be okay. He cooks breakfast for us every weekend. Actually, he cooks more meals in our home than I do. He takes our boy to the lake to feed the ducks. He calls his grandma just to chat. He vacuums without being asked. He leaves the last handful of popcorn in the bowl for me. He hugs my dad goodbye when we leave my folks' house. Every night before coming to bed, he walks into Will's room, covers him up with his blanket and tells him he loves him one more time. That's the guy I married. I'm proud to be his wife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment